Safe, Effective Mold Removal for Raleigh Property Owners
SERVPRO provides controlled mold demolition and remediation in Raleigh. If you have mold, contact us!
Call SERVPRO® for Mold Cleanup and Remediation
Whether you live or work in Raleigh, you never want to have mold hindering your interior. Failing to address and safely clean areas with suspected microbial growth can create costly damage and possible hazards. Hiring SERVPRO ensures you get the prompt, reliable cleanup and remediation you need to bring your home or business back to pre-damage condition. Once finished with your project, your interior will get the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned seal of approval.
From sightseeing and dining to family activities, there is plenty in the area to enjoy. If you are experiencing musty odors or mold Damage in Raleigh, SERVPRO is available 24/7 with proven methods and training to get the job done right the first time. As we are working on your remediation, you can check out some of the local hotspots, such as:
- North Carolina Museum of Natural Science: As the largest natural history museum
- Located in the Southeast, the North Carolina Museum of Natural Science features unprecedented special exhibits and hands-on educational opportunities. See live animals, take in the wonder of whale skeletons, and learn all about dinosaurs, all while spending time with the family.
- Pullen Park: This is the perfect area to enjoy nature and the serene sounds of water while getting lost in a book or having a picnic with friends. There is a park café on the grounds where you can grab concessions like pizza, snacks, and beverages. Many people come here during their lunch break on a nice day, or couples take a walk while waiting for nearby dinner reservations or entertainment.
- Clouds Brewing: Located in the Glenwood South neighborhood, this restaurant/bar features a fun atmosphere and excellent service. There is also outdoor seating if you want to people-watch over some of the top brews and appetizers on the menu.
Contact SERVPRO of Cary/Morrisville/Apex if you suspect issues with mold development in your home or business. We are available 24/7 for Raleigh area customers – so call us at (919) 615-1160 or request help online at your earliest convenience.
How Professionals Safely Perform Water Damage Restoration Procedures in Raleigh
SERVPRO of Raleigh can handle your water damage restoration with urgency and professionalism. Our team will make it "Like it never even happened."
Raleigh Residents Can Trust SERVPRO for Safe Water Cleanup Procedures
One of the key procedures that technicians perform during water damage restoration is cleaning the structure and all the affected contents. The level of cleaning that we achieve usually ensures that soils and other contaminants do not cause health effects to the building's occupants. Restoration experts achieve the required degree of cleaning by using EPA-approved disinfectants and specialized equipment.
Our SERVPRO technicians do not use a specific water damage cleanup technique in Raleigh when offering mitigation services. Different cleaning situations demand varying cleaning methods for the job to be done right. Before the cleaning job starts, we thoroughly inspect the following areas of the building:
- Check whether the insulation is damaged
- Confirm whether there is any form of damage on the refinishing and painting
- Check whether there is any buckling and warping on the floors
- Confirm whether there is any damage on the carpet seams
- Identify and remove any odor-causing substance
If the water originates from a clean source, restoring the carpeting is possible; our SERVPRO technicians treat both sides using disinfectants. To restore the affected upholstery, we treat them first for mildew and then apply an appropriate deodorizer. Hard surfaces such as floors can be mopped using EPA-certified disinfectants or apply ULV foggers when large areas are involved.
Once the site is clean, drying it is what follows next. We use specialized equipment such as dehumidifiers, air movers, and fans to speed up the drying process. At the end of the drying, we have to confirm that the target areas have attained the accepted moisture levels to prevent mold growth.
Let SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest handle your water damage restoration needs with the urgency and professionalism they deserve. You only need to call (919) 790-1222 to allow our team to make it "Like it never even happened."
Effective SERVPRO Mold Removal in Raleigh
If you see signs of mold, call SERVPRO of Raleigh 24/7. We'll make it "Like it never even happened."
Mold Cleanup Approaches for Raleigh Homes
Mold remediation and removal services are more common in Raleigh than you would think. With an estimated population of almost half a million people, this city might be characterized by over 142 square miles of cityscape and development, but it also has many water bodies and a humid subtropic climate. As a result, even without disasters like Hurricane Florence that threatened thousands of homes and businesses in 2018, storm and water damage continue to trigger mold development.
Mold removal in Raleigh is not uncommon. Unfortunately, many homeowners do not recognize they have an issue until the colonies have grown and spread, much as the plentiful forest of oak trees in and around the city. Raleigh is much happier being the City of Oaks than the city of disasters like mold damage, so SERVPRO is a trusted name to help from the thousands of single-family homes to large apartment buildings like the updated Sir Walter Raleigh Hotel or housing for NC State University students.
How Does SERVPRO Remove Mold?
Removal and remediation happen in several ways based on factors like the severity of the spread and the affected building materials. However, with a thorough inspection, we often determine one of these three approaches to help:
- Surface Cleaning – Using our proprietary cleaning products to destroy surface mold spores and make the material uninhabitable for future colonization.
- Media Blasting – Using pressurized media like sodium bicarbonate or dry ice to eradicate surface mold and penetrate beyond the outermost surface layer.
- Controlled Demolition – Used to remove mold-damaged materials entirely when remediation is impossible.
We have experienced professionals to help with mold removal and remediation in Raleigh properties, including Large Loss solutions for locations like Carter-Finley Stadium, PNC Arena, and structures throughout the downtown district. When you believe mold is threatening your life, you can rely on the fast response of our SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest team throughout Wake County. Call us at (919) 790-1222.
SERVPRO Covers All Aspects of Fire Damage Restoration for Homes in Raleigh
Fire damage can encompass many factors. You need a trained team to assess and remediate the fire damage after an event. Contact SERVPRO right away.
Fire Damage Cleanup Is Much More Than Removing Smoke Residues in Raleigh Properties
Many consumers believe fire damage in Raleigh homes and buildings is limited to smoke damage and lingering smoke residues. There are three main types of damage related to fires that can impact different rooms. The actual harm from the fire is usually limited to the immediate area of the fire. Damage from high heat is included. The second type is water and chemical damage caused when firefighters put out the fire. The third is smoke damage which can be found throughout the home in various concentrations depending on air currents and proximity to the fire.
SERVPRO provides fire damage restoration in Raleigh, covering all three types of fire damage.
- Fire damage, including structural and heat damage
- Water and fire retardant damage
- Smoke damage, including residue removal, discoloration, and smoke odor removal
Damage caused by the flames and heat can cause various materials to melt, warp, and burn, destroying them. We use controlled demolition techniques to remove these items and any structural materials damaged by the fire.
Water and fire retardants can damage areas of the home untouched by the fire. Furniture and other items must be cleaned and dried quickly to avoid secondary damage from water absorption and mold growth. Doors and windows are often broken during the fire and must be boarded up to prevent additional damage caused by the local environment.
Smoke particles and odors vary depending on the temperature of the fire and the material burned in the fire. These particles are usually distributed throughout the building requiring cleaning of every surface and all contents using the appropriate techniques for the type of smoke residue.
Our highly skilled IICRC-certified technicians assess the damage, contain the area to prevent further secondary damage and provide cleaning, restoration, or replacement of contents and structures damaged by the fire.
Call SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest for fire damage restoration services. We provide service to Raleigh and nearby areas. We can help 24/7. Call (919) 790-1222.
What Makes Mold Damage Threatening for Raleigh Homes?
Call SERVPRO for mold remediation in Raleigh to make it "Like it never even happened."
Understanding the Impact of Mold Damage Shows How SERVPRO Helps Raleigh Properties.
Mold is a common threat to homes around the Triangle, especially during the warmer months, where rainfall and severe weather become a concern for the area. Under the appropriate conditions, microbial colonies can develop in as little as 48 to 72 hours, using organic matter and building materials as hosting materials and food sources for the growing organism. There are many catalysts responsible for moist environments in the house that lead to mold remediation needs, including:
- Water damage
- Elevated humidity
- Damp confined spaces
Types of Residential Mold
Homeowners may have an easier time choosing professional mold remediation and effective cleanup when they understand what they are dealing with on their property. There are hundreds or more types of internal mold threats a home might experience. Aspergillus, for example, is a type of mold often found in an air conditioning system. Cladosporium is the mold typically found in moist, dark spaces or on drywall behind toilets. Black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum, is another possible development for Raleigh residences that requires swift mold removal.
Is Mold Dangerous?
Certain molds can produce byproducts that infiltrate the environment, but not all of them. A driving force for professional mold remediation should be the impact of these active organisms on installed building materials, contents, and other surfaces.
How Can SERVPRO Remediate Active Colonies?
Choosing the appropriate mold remediation strategy is contingent on the type of organism in the house, the affected areas, and the severity of the infestation. A thorough mold inspection allows our mold remediation team to create a custom recovery plan for the property. We begin with efforts like surface cleaning, but often more aggressive and abrasive cleaning tactics will be needed.
Are There Lingering Concerns After Mold Removal?
Often there are some lingering effects and concerns with treatment. While much of the mold remediation process can be handled rapidly through direct action by our SERVPRO IICRC certified technicians, there are other needs your home might have that can draw out the recovery process until they are resolved. Some include:
- Mold Malodors – Volatile organic compounds generate harsh malodors throughout the property, where mold becomes a concern. We have effective deodorization equipment available to neutralize these smells and promote a comfortable living condition for the residents.
- Mold Damage Repairs – There are times when your home may require some degree of damage repair after the treatment and removal of active colonies. Our team can help you quickly identify these areas to overcome this final step.
- Post-Damage Surface Treatment – We can treat nearby surfaces otherwise unaffected by spreading mold using mold inhibitors and antimicrobial products. The objective is to make these surfaces uninhabitable if moisture becomes a concern again in the immediate future.
Understanding how microbes impact a home or business can help property management seek out experienced mold remediation help when these problems arise. Allowing mold to go unchallenged lets the colonies spread, worsening the situation. Our SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest team can help 24/7 when you call (919) 790-1222.
What Are the Stages of Water Damage Restoration for Raleigh Homes
SERVPRO has the training and equipment for water damage restoration at Raleigh properties.
Water damage restoration in Raleigh properties is complex, but individual steps fit into designed stages.
Between plumbing leaks and breaks or flood damages, the need for water damage restoration is a constant for Raleigh area homes and businesses. Structures in the Triangle can be quickly and thoroughly impacted by even minor water damage incidents, illustrating the need for experienced WRT-Certified professionals to reach the property fast to help. SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest does more than say We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Site Preparation and Pre-Job Action
Understanding the home's needs and the current damage is necessary before our damage restoration and water mitigation actions can begin in Raleigh. Production management of our SERVPRO team is a competent inspection officer cataloging damage and documenting the spread and severity of water damage events. This phase consists of:
- Damage Assessment – Documenting the impact of damage to the house and tracking moisture movement after a disaster helps guide our SERVPRO team to the most efficient water mitigation solutions that protect the property.
- Staging – Time and money are saved when we can reach needed equipment and products more easily and consistently. We can prevent cross-contamination through undamaged areas by establishing a transition room next to the damaged areas.
- Customer Consultation – Our priorities are not always the same as the homeowners, making a consultation a valuable aspect of the water damage restoration plan. We can use gathered information to prioritize what matters most to you.
Mitigation and Damage Prevention
Water mitigation describes the combination of actions SERVPRO professionals take to reduce loss and prevent post-disaster conditions from worsening. These needed efforts change based on the catalyst of the damage and how subsequent effects impede comfortable living. Some mitigative actions include:
- Water Removal Services – Removing surface water involves several industry-leading extraction devices available to SERVPRO restorers, including high-pressure pumps, trash pumps, electric submersible pumps, wet vacuums, and engine-driven extractors.
- Bulk Material Removal – Building materials can be quickly and overwhelmingly impacted by spraying or flowing water from plumbing damage. Structural collapse or degradation is often easy to spot and requires removal to restore the rest of the property.
- Content Relocation – SERVPRO professionals scope the property for unaffected areas that will remain clean and dry through the restoration process. These rooms and spaces become temporary storage to protect personal belongings in water restoration zones.
Drying and Moisture Management
Drying focuses on the most readily available resource in our recovery inventory, air movers. These units have a high-velocity output of warm, dry air that can help promote fast and thorough evaporative drying needs. As centrifugal and axial movers produce a higher humidity and moisture content level as surfaces dry, we must also pair this effect with desiccant and low-grain refrigerant dehumidifiers. The progress of evaporative drying tools is continually monitored for production values, and units are increased or moved to suit changing conditions and needs.
Restoring the Original Appearance
Pre-loss condition means achieving the appearance and functions of your property before the damage occurs. Beyond the water damage restoration required to remove threats, your home might still require reconstruction and repairs to achieve this pre-disaster state.
Because water damages remain a continual threat to Wake County properties, our SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest team stays ready to help 24/7 with pre-stocked Green Fleet vehicles. Give us a call today at (919) 790-1222.
What Are the Tools Needed for Raleigh House Fire Damage Mitigation?
Call on SERVPRO for expertly trained technicians and thorough fire damage restoration.
From fire mitigation to soot removal, specific tools are essential to restoring Raleigh homes after a disaster.
Even with our expertise and extensive training to make us among the most knowledgeable fire restoration professionals in Wake County, we could not perform the needed fire and smoke damage cleaning without the appropriate tools and equipment from our inventory. With so many facets of smoke remediation and fire restoration, the list of needed tools is extensive.
Hand Tools and Small Powered Units
Smaller tools can directly impact emergency services and fire mitigation practices early in a Raleigh home. Situations like debris removal can have far-reaching impacts on the total fire damage restoration process. Non-powered hand tools can aid us in scooping and removing debris, soot, and ash. Other hand tools might help with other aspects of cleanup or controlled demolition, such as:
- Drywall saws
- Oscillating tools
- Wet/dry vacuums
Indoor Air Quality Tools
Indoor air quality (IAQ) is one of the main concerns of a fire damage restoration team working in a residence. Our SERVPRO professionals must be mindful of airborne contaminants and carcinogenic particles created during the partial combustion of several materials in the house. IAQ concerns create a volatile environment that slows the progress of other aspects of fire restoration. Hydroxyl generators are a common choice to resolve these threats, as the onboard HEPA filter traps particulates, and the unit also reduces the severity and presence of smoke malodors.
Soot Cleaning Equipment
One of the most challenging aspects of contending with soot and smoke soils during fire damage restoration is the varying compositions of the residue in question. Wet smoke damage, for example, create a thick and formidable soil deposit that dry solvents cannot clean. Several tools and products are needed to overcome soot deposits on surfaces to prevent the marring of the underlying substrate. These can include:
- Media/Dry Ice Blasting Equipment – Abrasive cleaning is sometimes needed when soot soils are formidable or penetrate porous materials. Blasting equipment puts media with high-pressure water or air to dislodge and remove set-in soot damage.
- Vacuums – Dry vacuums are a powerful tool to help pull loose soils and debris from a surface, leaving only the affixed soot damage on the surface for management with wet cleaning strategies.
- Dry Chemical Sponge – When thinner and more manageable soot residues exist, we can use rubber sponges that pull soot away from the surface. As the sponge becomes incapable of handling more soot soils, the rubber crumbles off for continued cleaning with a new surface.
Harsh and offensive odors are common traits in post-fire environments. The combustion of plastics and fuels can create overwhelming smells to accompany smoke and soot particles. These smells are among the final restoration aspects to address. They are partially removed by the time for deodorization with counteractant products and surface cleaning to remove soot and smoke residues in affected areas. When complete odor neutralization is needed, our tools to help in this endeavor include:
- ULV foggers
- Air filtration tools
- Hydroxyl machines
Having the right products and equipment makes a considerable difference in the efficiency and efficacy of fire damage restoration. Our SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest team works to mitigate loss quickly using modern equipment and approaches that provide the shortest path to preloss conditions. When you call our team we can make it "Like it never even happened." (919) 790-1222.
Reliable Commercial Water Damage Restoration Services for Roxbury Residents
Dealing with water damage in your commercial space takes bringing in the professionals. Contact the experienced team at SERVPRO 24/7.
SERVPRO Uses Advanced Equipment to Dry Roxbury Properties During Commercial Water Cleanup
If your hotel or business suffers a water damage incident, you need commercial water damage restoration services to restore normalcy. The professionals have the skills to stop the water source and fix any existing plumbing issues. The goal is to ensure your business operations do not stop for long and lead to unprecedented losses.
Water damage can affect different sections of your Roxbury business after exposure to moisture for a long duration. To dry your property, our SERVPRO technicians choose a drying technique based on the severity of the wetness. If there are items in the rooms, we move them to unaffected sections of the building to create enough space for setting up the drying equipment. It also helps reduce the drying time.
The following are some of the procedures that we perform when drying your building:
- Water damage demolition
- Drilling holes
- Setting up air movers
- Surface disinfection
During the water damage demolition process, our SERVPRO team removes unsalvageable structural components such as insulation, drywall, and some flooring sections. We usually do that to lower the chances of mold growth and ensure the dry air reaches the hard-reach spaces. We also enhance air circulation and fasten the drying speed by drilling holes.
With the help of specialized equipment such as infrared cameras and moisture meters, we can determine if the area has attained the required level of dryness. Once the surfaces are thoroughly dry and clean, we perform disinfection to lower the chances of mold growth. So, we always advise business owners to work with professionals during water damage cleanup to help lower downtime and ensure everything is done right.
SERVPRO of Jamaica Plain / Roxbury uses advanced equipment and techniques for successful water removal services. Call (617) 466-6909 when you need to work with an experienced and well-trained team that is Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Mold Damage Cleanup After a Water Leak in a Raleigh Home
SERVPRO arrives with certified IICRC technicians to remediate the mold damage to your Raleigh property.
SERVPRO Can Help with Mold Damage Restoration in Raleigh Homes
Mold requires three fundamental conditions in our Raleigh homes to begin growing and damage contents and structure. These conditions are:
- Food Source – mold needs an organic food source that is plentiful in our homes: E.g., wood, paper, drywall, and indoor dirt, including food particles.
- Temperature – mold typically grows in temperatures from 68 to 86 degrees F, also typical of homes.
- Moisture – high humidity above 65%, water leaks, AC condensation, bathrooms showers
SERVPRO helps homeowners with mold damage restoration in their Raleigh homes, cleanup and removal, and help with managing the source of the moisture in the home. Our technicians identify the source of moisture and encourage the homeowner to make repairs and control the water/moisture source to avoid future mold infestations.
Mold damage restoration depends on the size, location, and time elapsed since the infestation began. SERVPRO has encountered many mold infestations, and the combination of training (IICRC) and experience ensures that our technicians provide the best service in the industry. The steps followed in dealing with mold damage restoration include:
- Fast response to your call, immediate assessment of the cause, the location, and the required removal plan
- The size of the mold infestation may require notification to local and state governments.
- Isolation of the infested area, negative pressure rooms, HVAC systems blocked off to prevent mold spores from traveling to other portions of the home, etc.
- Bag in place for all contents and structures that must be removed
- Provide cleaning, disinfection, and controlled demolition as needed.
- Restoration of your home “Like it Never Even Happened.”
SERVPRO works closely with the homeowner and their insurance adjuster to explain and inform them about all activities involved in removing mold from your home.
Call SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest for mold damage repair services. We provide service to Raleigh and nearby areas. We can help 24/7. Call (919) 790-1222.
Water Removal Is the 1st Step in Drying Out Your Raleigh Business
SERVPRO manages all types of devices for water removal from Raleigh commercial properties--like this injecti-dry system. We prevented demolition.
With Our Equipment, Water Removal Is Fast & Easy
SERVPRO works with area business owners after disasters happen. These situations can start with leaks, backed-up drains, or a broken sprinkler system. The complete restoration of a business requires water removal first.
To protect your Raleigh business, water removal professionals must start the process as soon as possible. Otherwise, the damage caused by water spreading continues to worsen. We use the most efficient and powerful equipment possible to do our tasks.
Because we continue the water extraction process until we get the interior of your business dry again, our pump trucks’ large hoses are not the only things we use. Our customers also see different portable water extraction units, such as:
- Hand-held devices, portable wet vacs
- Weighted devices, riding (Rovers) machines
- A floor-mat system.
One type of device is so small it can fit into places that can hold large amounts of water that was forced into small spaces. Once in, this bonded water is no longer under the pressure that forced it into whichever area it now occupies. The small tubes on these injecti-dry system does the job.
Using weighted devices to pull clean water out of your carpeting and the underlying padding can reduce restoration costs by saving the carpet and reducing what needs replacing. These work by forcing the water out and into the device. We might use a small-sized device called the Claw or riding units for larger areas and hallways.
Wood floors are beautiful, but they also require a substantial investment. To rescue these from destruction, we use our Injecti-Dry system. It removes moisture from underneath the floorboards and can also force warm, dry air into enclosed spaces, including the interior cavities of walls or underneath cabinets and stairwells.
We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster. Call SERVPRO of North Raleigh & Wake Forest at (919) 790-1222 for the professional water removal services you need.